AnsweredAssumed Answered

Small User Group Connectivity

Question asked by ToddHayen on May 19, 2015

Title

Small User Group Connectivity

Your post

Hi...this may have been answered before so I'm sorry to repeat...I am new to FM 14, creating a solution which will only be used by two users in an office setting. I have bought FM 14 Pro, and FM 14 Pro Advanced, each installed on each users Mac. I would like each user to be able to use one database in the office, as well as with iPads (FM Go). I understand I can set this up without FM Server, or a 5 pack connection license...however, I would also like to be able to connect to this database with computers not in the office...i.e., a laptop, or another desktop (remember the purchased software are on computers at the office, so is the database.) How can I do with without buying Server or the 5 user connection license? One of the FM Pros is in a portable laptop, the other is in a desktop computer. Can I buy FM Server and another copy of FM Pro to install in another laptop to connect with FM Server? I do NOT need remote access for FM Go...I will not be using the iPads outside of the LAN at the office....

Thanks!!!

Todd Hayen

Outcomes