1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 12, 2014 4:01 PM by SteveCampbell

SQL Server Linked Server Connection to FileMaker Server 13

SteveCampbell

Title

SQL Server Linked Server Connection to FileMaker Server 13

Your post

I’ve recently upgraded to FM Server 13, I’ve been able to connect a linked server successfully from SQL Management Studio on another client and I can use SELECT * FROM OPENQUERY(MY_DSN, 'Select ColumnName FROM FilemakerDBname') to successfully return records from date, calculation, price or number columns just fine, however if I try to return the entire table or a specific text column I receive the following error: OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "MY_DSN" returned message "Requested conversion is not supported."

I believe I’ve narrowed this down enough that it seems to be specifically the Filemaker Text Fields that are not able to be converted and returned, since most of FM fields are text, this is a huge problem. I’ve tried to Cast as VarChar and Char but was still unsuccessful, does anyone have any methods that might work to return these text columns and/or the entire table including the problematic text columns?

Thx,

~Steve

Here’s another thread from this Forum where the user was using FM11 and seem to have very similar issues that have never been resolved: http://forums.filemaker.com/posts/0ab2590a8d