1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 10, 2009 9:42 AM by carmenm

SQL_ERROR in SequeLink

carmenm

Title

SQL_ERROR in SequeLink

Your post

We are using FM 8 server advanced and Datadirect Sequelink 5.5 to serve as the merge source for Word documents.

Occasionally, the following error will arise when the linked Word document is opened:

1.  Alert box: An Internal Error Has Occurred!

Click Details...

2.  ODBC error: [DataDirect][ODBC SequeLink driver][Seequelink Client]An internal error occurred.

Sql State: S1000

Return Code: SQL_ERROR

Click OK

3.  84D004A.doc (NOT the name of the document I was trying to open) is a mail merge main document.  Word cannot find its data source, .

Then I cannot merge. If I test the data source under Sequelink, it says everything is fine. The server is running fine.  The FileMaker clients are running fine.  The IWP and CWP systems we have are running fine.

Sometimes this error will impact an individual user.  Sometimes it will only impact an individual document.  Sometimes it will be system-wide, across all users and documents, which is very frightening.  However, before I have ever been able to troubleshoot this error in any detail, it goes away on its own.  I'm waiting on pins and needles though for the day when the error sticks...

Does anyone have any information?  I don't have direct access to the FM server, but if anyone could tell me what to look for I may be able to request logs and such.

I have been able to reproduce this error today for the first time by opening one Merge document, then opening another without closing the first one. The second document has been throwing the error.  But, this does not explain the other times this error has been witnessed. 

The same error has been seen in Word 2003 as well as 2007.