6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2015 11:17 AM by schamblee

SSL Certificate

karen_joy

Title

SSL Certificate

Your post

Hello,

I downloaded the FMS trial just to try my settings for my layouts and fields how do they behave on the browser but Im not able to access it using webdirect. Do I need a certificate in order to use the webdirect function of the server even it is a trial?

Thank you so much.

• 1. Re: SSL Certificate
          schamblee

No, you don't need a certificate in order to use webdirect.  

There were some issues with FM14 and using SSL certificate, FM may have those issue resolved now.  This would not be your issue if you are not using an SSL certificate.

Can you connect to the sample database ?  I would suggest connecting to the sample database before you attempt to connect to your own. 

• 2. Re: SSL Certificate
            karen_joy
            Hello...thank you for your reply.I will try to update my trial version...I will let you know if that will solve my problem.
            • 3. Re: SSL Certificate
              karen_joy

Hello, I tried to update to 14.0v2 and tried to open a test page for webdirect but Im getting this error. 

Please find attached file for the error. Any ideas how to resolve this.

sorry I hit the best answer.

Thank you so much.

• 4. Re: SSL Certificate
                schamblee

According to the webdirect user guide you access webdirect  :

http://ip address/fmi/webd

or

http://ip address/fmi/webd#database name

which this is the method I use and it works on my server.

I believe local host is 16000, which I'm using FMS13, so I don't know if that has changed.  I have not installed FMS14 yet, I usually wait to someone else finds all the bugs first.

• 5. Re: SSL Certificate
                  karen_joy

Hello,

I tried opening the served sample database using the the user guide to access the webdirect but I got this error "This Webpage is Not Available"

If  tried to edit my deployment I go to yes  enable web publishing then I selected webdirect from publishing technologies you want to use, but the red spinner keeps spinning. 

Is there other way to enable webdirect from the server?

Thank you so much.

• 6. Re: SSL Certificate
                    schamblee

Here is a knowledge base article to help with webdirect. 

If you are having issue getting Webdirect to start then I guess there is a setting or other software that is interfering with the FMS install.   FM usually provides free install support, but I'm not sure if it is included with the trial version, which they may not support if you are using Windows 8.  It is a toll free call to ask.

Note : Disable any anti-virus software while installing FMS.