3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 20, 2015 6:05 AM by james.saldana

SSL Certificate Won't Import - FMS 14 - GoDaddy SSL Cert - OSX 10.10.4

RexSF

Title

SSL Certificate Won't Import - FMS 14 - GoDaddy SSL Cert - OSX 10.10.4

Your post

Hello Geniuses! 

Looking for some help getting my SSL Certificate imported in the admin console. I have searched the forum and seen a few similar posts but no clear cut solution other than not using the admin console... 

Here's what I've done so far: 

-I have a domain pointing to the IP address of the webserver

-I purchased an SSL Certificate through GoDaddy. Using OSX Server I generated the CSR and used the domain that is pointing to the IP address of the webserver as the host. 

-I then generated the SSL Certificate using this CSR and imported it into OSX Server. Using Keychain Access I exported the key and input a password. I now have a .CER file for the certificate and a .P12 file for the key. 

-I took these 2 files and imported them into the admin console and put in the key password I created when I exported the key in Keychain Access. It gets rejected saying:

"Certificate could not be imported: Cannot process key file: /Volumes/Server HD/ Library/Filemaker Server/CStore/serverKey.pem. Please verify both the file and the password., Error: -1 (Internal error)"

I am only looking to use WebDirect at this point, but without the SSL certificate none of my layouts are displaying correctly. Do I need to do something else with my domain? I've read that OSX Server and FMS don't always play nice together. Is there a better way to generate the CSR / Key / Key password? Will it not accept the .P12 format for the key? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks friends,

-Rex