2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2015 12:01 PM by alternapop

Stop a server scheduled script that is hung up

alternapop

Title

Stop a server scheduled script that is hung up

Your post

We're running FMPS 13v9 on Windows 2008 and a scheduled script tends to get hung up every few weeks.  Usually it's the "daily" backup script but sometimes it's one of the other Scheduled Scripts.  I know I can shutdown the FMP engine and reboot the server but is there a safe way to stop a script from running and restart just the script engine?

For example, I have a script that at times will finish but the FMPS status still shows it as "Running". If I close the db where this script resides, it'll eventually close the db and disconnect all users, including the hung server user.  However under Schedules, the status still shows "Running". How can I stop this so that it'll run at the next scheduled time?

Is there a way to stop the script from within the hosted database?

• 1. Re: Stop a server scheduled script that is hung up
          fabriceN

Yes, it's a bit frustrating that you can't stop a schedule from the schedules panel.

If it's a script schedule (not a backup), you can usually disconnect it from the Activity/Clients panel... except... when it doesn't work.

Note that using the command line tool, you can restart the script engine without restarting the whole db server.

fmsadmin restart fmse

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Stop a server scheduled script that is hung up
            alternapop

That command killed the stuck script. The status now shows, "aborted unexpectedly."

I called in for support earlier in the week and when I asked if there was a way to do this, and I specifically asked if there was a way to restart the script engine, I was told, "No."

It's not uncommon for me to get contradictory and inaccurate support when I call in. This is a bit frustrating. I usually only call when something is more urgent and I expect the rep to be accurate.

Thanks for providing the command.