AnsweredAssumed Answered

Storing Reference Files in Filemaker Server Advanced

Question asked by DavidMuench on Nov 21, 2011
Latest reply on Nov 22, 2011 by philmodjunk

Title

Storing Reference Files in Filemaker Server Advanced

Your post

Hello,

I am migrating a database that I hosted on my stand alone computer to the server using Filemaker Server Advanced.  I understand the process for storing reference files in the database using Filemaker pro by dumping the files in the web folder for the database.  However, when the database is hosted on the server what is the method for storing reference files in the database?  Is there also a web folder for each database hosted on the server to where these files should be stored as reference files?  Lastly, if I am successful putting the files in the web folder, how do I process them as reference files in the container field of the database now that it is on the server?  I need for folks to be able to store these reference files into container fields and right now their only access is through IWP.  I appreciate any feedback.  

Also, quick question about replying to folks who are kind enough to post an answer on this issue.  In the past I have looked for a "respond to" button to alert the advice giver of an additional question I may have or to say thanks.  There seems to be no way to do this in your post other than to post your response as an answer to the original question I posed, not to the advice giver.  Am I missing something?

Thanks so much,
Dave 

Outcomes