4 Replies Latest reply on May 9, 2012 5:40 PM by taylorsharpe_1

Strange Scroll Behavior

TurtleKoala

Title

Strange Scroll Behavior

Your post

For some reason whenever I run a script that I created it scrolls about a quarter of the way down list view. As far as I can tell, nothing in my script has anything to do with scrolling. This is not really an issue, because I can add a step to scroll home at the end of the script to make it scroll up to the top, but I'm wondering why this would happen.

• 1. Re: Strange Scroll Behavior
          philmodjunk

Little hard to suggest much without seeing the script you created.

1. You can upload a screen shot of your script by clicking the edit link to your original message and uploading it there
          2. You can upload a screen shot to a file share site and post the download link to a new response you post here.
          3. You can print a script to a PDF, open the PDF and then select and copy the script as text from the opened PDF.
          4. If You have FileMaker advanced, you can generate a database design report and copy the script as text from there.
          • 2. Re: Strange Scroll Behavior
            TurtleKoala

I'm still not sure what was causing it but I have determined that it wasn't the script. It also happened whenever I exited a field. I also checked to make sure that the field wasn't triggering the script without me knowing it.

• 3. Re: Strange Scroll Behavior
              philmodjunk

If you have FileMaker advanced, you can try testing your file while the script debugger is enabled to see if any script triggers are being tripped. (And scripts can trip script triggers just like the user can when they change layouts, records, enter/exit fields etc.)

• 4. Re: Strange Scroll Behavior
                taylorsharpe_1

Interesting, this is happening to me too.  If I run it under the debugger, it works fine.  But if I just run the script, the Scroll Window script step just doesn't do anything.  Very strange and might be a bug.