2 Replies Latest reply on May 14, 2010 4:14 AM by MartinBrändle

Submissions through .php interface are sporadically not being recorded in database

David_1

Title

Submissions through .php interface are sporadically not being recorded in database

Your post

I am running Filemaker Server Advanced on a Windows 2003 Server platform.  I’ve written a fairly simple database that is used to gather inquiries off the web for follow up by our customer service team.  I used the PHP Site Assistant to generate the code for the public form and then modified it to fit within our content management system.  I made a small modification within the confirmation.php document that automatically generates an email back to the submitter and, simultaneously, notifies the customer support team that a new inquiry has been made.  I tested it for several weeks and all seemed to work fine.

As soon as we went live we began to experience some issues where occasionally the customer support team wouldn’t be able to find a record in the database that corresponded with the email notification that they received.  At first I thought that there was simply an education problem with the support team.  The script that I included within the confirmation.php document is sending out the email notification just as it is designed to do.  What we have discovered is that, for some unknown reason, sporadically some records are not being recorded within the database.  I’ve gone in and attempted to recreate this failure and it works correctly every time for me.  

I’m looking for guidance.  Any ideas??
      David