2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 1, 2012 7:41 AM by cosmo

Text Breaking on multiple pages

cosmo

Title

Text Breaking on multiple pages

Your post

Hello

I am working with a text box that holds a lot of copy, and when it continues on page 2, the copy is cut where the two half of the letters are missing. I thought that maybe a script would work where you count the characters and anything over "x" it would go into another text box, but my concern is that it may break the copy in the middle of the line.

Maybe it's simple as removing or adding a header or footer, change margins, etc. but I think I'm tapped out on ideas.

Whatever you can share will be greatly appreciated (sample of page 2 is attached)

Thank you!

Screen_shot_2012-02-29_at_5.27.05_PM.png

• 1. Re: Text Breaking on multiple pages
          philmodjunk

This is a long standing issue with text fields that extend past a page break. It was fixed in FileMaker 10 and then they broke it again with the release of FileMaker 11. Sometimes, making small changes to your layout part size or the size of the field can eliminate the break--at least for the printer that you are currently using.

From the example text shown, a possible work around might be to break up this very large text field into multiple records with smaller text fields set to slide up and resize the enclosing part. Then you can specify that the body part not be allowed to break across page boundaries and you will have avoided this issue at the cost of a report that may have a bit more white space at the bottom of some pages than you would prefer.

For More Information see:     FM11 printing? "Only one half of a line prints" again, like FM6

This is one of many acknowledged bugs that can be found in the Known Bug List thread here in the Report an Issue section of the forum.

It can also be downloaded as a database file from:    http://www.4shared.com/file/8orL8apk/FMP_Bugs.html

• 2. Re: Text Breaking on multiple pages
            cosmo

Thank you for your time - I've looked at the first link and I believe the information there will be helpful. I look forward to viewing the others.