1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 4, 2014 12:51 PM by disabled_ntaylor

The WedDirect feature of Filemaker Server 13 runs very slow.

PhuHuynh

Title

The WedDirect feature of Filemaker Server 13 runs very slow.

Your post

Hello,

I am a new Filemaker developer. I am going to use a new feature of Filemaker Server 13 WebDirect to publish my database to website. I installed Filemaker Server 13 on my computer and did some testes case with this feature on browser but it is very slow. Is anyone know the reason? Could you give me some advises to make the performance better. Thank you.

• 1. Re: The WedDirect feature of Filemaker Server 13 runs very slow.

Phu Huynh:

Thank you for the post. 

What are the full system specifications for the host computer?

WebDirect is memory and process intensive. Here are our recommended specifications:

System Requirements for FileMaker Server 13

CPU: 4-Core

RAM: 8 GB

Hard Drive: 80 GB or more, dependent on file size, requires minimum 10 GB free space

"For best performance, run FileMaker Server on a dedicated machine reserved for use as a database server. When FileMaker Server is hosting many clients or a large number of database files, it uses a high level of processor, hard disk, and network capacity. Other processor-intensive software or heavy network traffic on the same machine will cause FileMaker Server to run more slowly and degrade the performance for FileMaker clients."

For more, review "Considering performance" on page 10 of the FileMaker Server 13 Getting Started Guide.

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc.