4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2015 8:23 AM by mercuriotic

Time for me to declare Web Direct a failure for us.

dbail22@comcast.net

Title

Time for me to declare Web Direct a failure for us.

Your post

I cannot believe how poor this functions.  A moderate size database with links between 10 files does not work at all.  After logging into the main screen the toolbar does not function, simple buttons using a script to goto the next record do not work, no drop down menus, check boxes do not work, only about 10% of the fields can be type into.  I cannot even successfully log off from the command in the tool bar.  How are any of you managing to make it work at all??  These files worked fine in IWP and FMSA 12.  While Filemaker is at version 13 Web Direct should be at .5 beta.

David

• 1. Re: Time for me to declare Web Direct a failure for us.
          TSGal

dball:

Thank you for your post.

What browser and version are you using?  The supported browsers and versions are:

Safari 6.x and Safari 7.x
                  Internet Explorer 9.x or 10.x
                  Chrome 27.x

There are also some major differences between Instant Web Publishing and WebDirect.  Just accessing the file may not work exactly the same.  However, you should be able to logout of the main screen, click buttons, and edit fields.

Any other information may help me know how to proceed next.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Time for me to declare Web Direct a failure for us.
            dbail22@comcast.net

Firefox 27 on Mac

Safari 7.1 on Mac and PC

IE 10.x several version on differentt pc's all running windows 7 professional

Never tried chrome since potential users do not use it.

FM Server 13 installed on a clean fresh install of Windows 7 professional

Toolbar record selector slides back and forth but no change in record, simple buttons using next record and previous button step do not respond, most fields do not allow typing but some do.  Any tool bar objects such as sort, find etc. do not work.  Clicking on tabs will change to proper tab.  Selecting menu to command to change to another layout does not work. Drop down lists do not function on any fields no matter how simple the list. Cannot log out using toolbar command.  I must force the disconnect using the Admin Console and then it is very difficult to disconnect sometimes requiring the web direct service to be stopped.  Even having the disconnect time on the Server set to 10 minutes, no disconnect after 30 minutes.

Web direct settings only publish the name of 1 file but allow access of 10 files in question.

All permissions are the same as v12. 

Symptoms are exactly the same on each web browser and each pc or mac.

Checking current files using FM Server Advanced 12 shows no such problems behind the same routers and firewall.

David

• 3. Re: Time for me to declare Web Direct a failure for us.
              TSGal

dball:

In order to see what you're seeing, I'd like to see a copy from one of your files, so I can put it on FileMaker Server 13 and access it here via WebDirect.  Check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send the file.

TSGal
                   FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Time for me to declare Web Direct a failure for us.
                mercuriotic

Hi David,

Filemaker is going to disapear next few years,

Our company is allready planning how to stand out of this Filemaker Nightmare after 20 years working on it.

We have same problems and even worst with years working adapting to FM12 and iwp and now we were informed that we have to work on new layouts all made to web direct. As we have dedicated files to each cliente this would take 20 years to change!!!

This guys (filemaker) went crazy.

Jose