Trouble Connecting Via JDBC To FMS 12 Advanced Database on Internet
Hello, I have an FMP12 database I'm hosting on FMP 12 Server Advanced.
The database is set up to accept JDBC connections and works fine from a Java program on the desktop.
However, on the server (after changing the connect string URL), I cannot get a connection to it.
Here's what I checked:
1. FMS has Enable ODBC/JDBC Connections checked.
2. FMS has the required xDBC directory.
3. FMP 12 database has the default "allow JDBC access" enabled in security settings.
4. netstat -a -n shows that FMS is listening on port 2399.
5. JDBC xDBC directory exists on the FMS Extensions folder.
6. Changed the xDBC directory to read/write from after reading server documentation.
The Java code is failing on the basic line: DriverManager.getConnection() with a SQL Exception: "com.filemaker.jdbc.FMSQLException: [FileMaker][FileMaker JDBC] Connection refused. Check that the host address and port are correct and that xDBC sharing is enabled on the host."
I'd be interested to hear any thoughts on why I can't connect to the server database.
I'm guessing it may be a firewall issue, but after reading the JDBC Manual and doing some Google Searches, I wanted to make sure I hadn't forgotten to check anything.