4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2013 6:13 PM by vision

Trouble Installing FMS 11 in Mac 10.8.3

vision

Title

Trouble Installing FMS 11 in Mac 10.8.3

Your post

Installing FMS 11 onto a new mac running 10.8.3 and 8 Gb ram.  Downloaded latest Java and JRE.   

FMS 11 installs successfully but Adminn Console never launches.  Upgrading to latest FMS 11 subversion does not resolve the issue, uninstalling and re-installing FMS does not resolve the issue.  

I knew the 10.6.8 machines required a special patch to work with Java correctly, but I have not had problems with 10.7 or 10.8 until now.   

Suggestions are appreciated.  Thanks.

• 1. Re: Trouble Installing FMS 11 in Mac 10.8.3

vision:

Thank you for the post.

Which installer was used to install FileMaker Server 11? The recommendation for installing on Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion would be to use the FileMaker Server 11.0v5 full installer found in KB11058:

Software Update: FileMaker Server 11.0v5 and FileMaker Server 11.0v5 Advanced

If the full FileMaker Server 11.0v5 installer was used, then what version of Java is installed?

The recommendation would be to install the most current, Java 7 Update 25. To check to see if the latest version of Java is installed visit the following link:

http://www.java.com/en/download/testjava.jsp

Does the FileMaker Server Start Page load when visiting http://<serverIP>t:16000 in a web browser? Does the Java applet download? If a particular browser does not prompt to allow Java to run, try another browser to see if the results are the same.

Please let me know if any of the above steps were the resolution; otherwise, we can discuss further steps. 

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Trouble Installing FMS 11 in Mac 10.8.3
            vision

Thank you for the fast response.  This CPU is replacing a previous one and likely older backed up FMS 11 install image was used.   So I will have them download FMS 11v5 installer.  Java version is most recent (7/25) so likely the installer.  Thanks again. 

• 3. Re: Trouble Installing FMS 11 in Mac 10.8.3
              vision

OK. 

Used latest FMS 11 installer (11.0.5) downloaded directly from FM

Latest java version installed first

java cache cleared first

Installed FMS - no issues noted by installer

Launch FMS console? WIll not launch.

Rebooted, uninstalled and installed several times.  Always the same. 

A couple of questions:

Where is the java applet hidden in the FMS folder?  

Other suggestions to launch the FMS admin console?  The Depolyment assistant never launches as well.  

thx

• 4. Re: Trouble Installing FMS 11 in Mac 10.8.3
                vision

I did find the java applet and was able to launch the FMS admin Console.  

Never could achieve Safari to open the FMS admin console, but was able to get FireFox to run the applet.