4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2012 5:59 AM by klbloomfield

Trouble uploading a database to FM Server 11

klbloomfield

Title

Trouble uploading a database to FM Server 11

• 1. Re: Trouble uploading a database to FM Server 11
          philmodjunk

And did you have trouble asking your question? wink

I suggest using Post A Answer to post a much more detailed description of your problem.

• 2. Re: Trouble uploading a database to FM Server 11
            klbloomfield

Lets try this again.  I'm not sure how I messed that up.

I am trying to host several (10-15) linked databases to FM Server 11.  I can login to the Admin Console and go through the steps of creating a subfolder and uploading the databases without receiving any error messages.  However, the subfolder and databases do not show up even after I refresh the list.  It does place them in the database directory on the c:\ drive but they are not visible when I open FM 11 and try to open them remotely.  We do have a 2-3 databases that have been hosted for a few years and I can open those but am not having any luck adding any new ones.  Would this be a permissions issue for my user login for the Admin Console?  If so, I wasn't the one who set this user up, so I'm not sure where to go to change the permissions.  Thanks for any help.

Kendall

• 3. Re: Trouble uploading a database to FM Server 11
              philmodjunk

However, the subfolder and databases do not show up even after I refresh the list.

Do not show up in what? The server admin console or in the dialog that opens when you select Open Remote?

Did you, before uploading to server, open the files with FileMaker Pro, select Sharing | Filemaker Network from the file menu and select "All Users" under "network access to file"?

• 4. Re: Trouble uploading a database to FM Server 11
                klbloomfield

I hadn't selected the "All Users" under sharing before but even after I did it they still are not showing in the Admin Console.  I have refreshed the database list but still no luck.  They aren't showing up when I try to Open Remote either.