4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2011 10:36 AM by KenHannan

Unable to access or publish files after reboot

KenHannan

Title

Unable to access or publish files after reboot

Your post

Strange problem, after a reboot of our Filemaker Server, some, but not all, files are inaccessible via the web.

We are running Filemaker Advanced Server 11, and Filemaker Pro 11 and have been for over a year with no issues.  Issue started after a reboot and Windows update.

Instead of the file opening, you get a log in dialog page, but even after specifying the correct admin account & password, control returns immediately to the Instant Web Publishing homepage.  Strangely, this only occurs for some files, and not others.  The files are consistent according to the most recent backup logs.

Opening up the file in Filemaker Pro -> Sharing -> Instant Web Publishing, all of the options under "Instant Web Publishing access to file" are grayed out.  

What can I do to troubleshoot and resolve this problem ?

THanks,

Ken

• 1. Re: Unable to access or publish files after reboot
          philmodjunk

Have you tried recovering one of these files and tested the recovered copy?

Things to keep in mind about Recover:

1. Recover does not detect all problems
          2. Recover doesn't always fix all problems correctly
          3. Best Practice is to never put a recovered copy back into regular use or development. Instead, replace the damaged file with an undamaged back up copy if this is at all possible. You may have to save a clone of the back up copy and import all data from your recovered copy to get a working copy with the most up to date information possible.
          • 2. Re: Unable to access or publish files after reboot
            KenHannan

Yes, I took one file offline, then performed recovery on the file through Filemaker Pro.  No problems or issues were found.  I then published that file and the same problem exists.

• 3. Re: Unable to access or publish files after reboot
              KenHannan

The person who did the reboot indicated that he also updated .NET to NGEN V4.0.x.    Is .NET used with Filemaker ?

Thanks,
              Ken

• 4. Re: Unable to access or publish files after reboot
                KenHannan

Problem appears to be resolved.    Since I knew that .NET was upgraded, I checked IIS and it was using the new version of .NET as seen under the ASP.NET tab.   I changed the version back to V2, restarted IIS, and all 46 Filermaker database are now accessible on the web server!  Person who did the reboot said it had been V1 prior to this change which I learned after making the change to V2 with IIS. 

When I open one of the database with Filemaker Pro, however, all of the options under "Instant Web Publishing access to file" are still grayed out.   To test a theory, I closed a database on the web server, then opened it again with FP.   These options are no longer grayed out, so apparently, you can't change this section if the file is opened / published on the FM Server.