7 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2014 11:05 AM by Col.Panic

Unable to connect to Admin Console

Col.Panic_1

Title

Unable to connect to Admin Console

Your post

Hi -

I am running FM Server 13 on OSX Server 10.8.5 and I am able to connect remotely using Pro, GO and Web Direct.  The Admin console works fine when opened from the local machine (localhost:16001/admin-console) but I am not able to connect to it from any other computer on the LAN or outside the LAN.  I have made sure that access restrictions are turned off and the OSX firewall is off as well.  

• 1. Re: Unable to connect to Admin Console

Col. Panic:

Thank you for the post and I apologize for the delay.

From another computer on the same network, does the following URL load to the FileMaker Server 13 Admin Console start page?

https://<serverIPaddress>>:16000

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Unable to connect to Admin Console
            Col.Panic

No, it does not.  I can only access it from the local machine but can open hosted files just fine.

• 3. Re: Unable to connect to Admin Console

Col. Panic:

Thank you for the reply.

For clarification, we are dealing with different ports. Port 5003 is used for FileMaker's Network Sharing with FileMaker Pro (Advanced) or FileMaker Go. I'm glad that is working, but it is unrelated to accessing the FileMaker Server 13 Admin Console. 

What operating system is the local remote client? What browser was used and what did the browser display when you tried to access the Start Page?

To be specific, the ports that must be open from the client to the server for a remote connection to the FileMaker Server 13 Admin Console are: 

80         (Redirects to port 16000 for Admin Console)

443       (HTTPS: Admin Console)

16000  (HTTPS: Admin Console Start Page, Admin Helpers)

Ports used by FileMaker Server 13

Understanding the system requirements for FileMaker Server 13

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Unable to connect to Admin Console
                Col.Panic

The server is running 10.8.5, the client 10.9 and I've tried chrome and safari. The OSX firewall on the server is turned off and all the ports listed in the guide are forwarded on the router (although that should not matter when both are on the same LAN?).  Last week I called and spoke with tech support who had me ping these ports from within the LAN using network utility. The pings did not get a reply although he did not know why since the firewall is off.  The error is just a server not responding. 

FWIW someone else told me that they thought this may be related to the apache server in 10.8.  I have to leave it on or web direct does not work. 

The case # was 140501-000395

• 5. Re: Unable to connect to Admin Console

Col. Panic:

Thank you for the reply.

I reviewed the case and found your Public I.P. address in the case notes. 

Everything appears to be working correctly, in that, I am able to access your FileMaker Server 13 Admin Console Start Page at:

https://<YourPublicIP>:16000/

Clicking the "Start Admin Console" button brings me to the login prompt.

This would indicate the issue is with the remote client. Is any security or antivirus software installed on that machine?

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 6. Re: Unable to connect to Admin Console
                    Col.Panic

I just this morning upgraded the server to 10.9 and reinstalled FMS.  It seems to be OK but I have not restarted it since reinstalling FMS (the problem didn't show up until after restarting after installation last time).  Once the RAID finishes checking, I will restart it and hopefully it will be OK.

• 7. Re: Unable to connect to Admin Console
                      Col.Panic

Upgrading the host OS to 10.9 seems to have solved this.