1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 5, 2010 11:19 AM by TSGal

Unable to Create site Using PHP or XML Site Assist

sombrero81

Title

Unable to Create site Using PHP or XML Site Assist

Your post

I recently installed FileMaker Server 9 on a Windows 2003 Standard box. I have about 15 accounting databases loaded.They are all accessed by a few people who use FileMaker Pro  to open Remote.  Iam trying to create a page assessible via a webpage to allow me to do inventory tracking. I am using the Asset Managment sample file from the Smart Solution and have enabled i hope everything. I copied the file to the database folder and when I do to the PHP Site assistant I create a new site, Click on COnnect to connect to my Database and then I am able to select one of the databases from the list.

After I select it and I click on the Open database button Nothing happen. No error no wait just nothing.

If i do the XML site assist I get an error at this point saying the database cannot be open.

I know I have Filemaker Server 9 where I can't do IWP, I need Advanced for that. But I woudl like to have the page be a website that i can access when putting in the IP address of the server

Thanks.

David

• 1. Re: Unable to Create site Using PHP or XML Site Assist
          TSGal

sombrero81:

Thank you for your post.

Make sure you have the Extended Privileges turned on for fmphp.  That is, open the database file, pull down the File menu and select "Manage -> Accounts & Privileges...".  Click on the Extended Privileges tab, select fmphp and turn on the appropriate privilege sets.  I would check every option to start.  You can modify later.

It is also recommended that FileMaker Server is installed on a dedicated machine.  You should also make sure IIS is running prior to configuration, and that the web server is set at default configurations prior to installation.

If you continue to have difficulty, please let me know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.