3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2011 10:41 AM by bvondeylen

unable to edit database with php custom web publishing

AndreSmith

Title

unable to edit database with php custom web publishing

Your post

This is my first post anywhere, so if I make a mistake, know it was not done on purpose.  I have installed fm server 11, set up php custom web publishing, set permissions on the database for fmphp to full access and checked all of the file attributes.  Everything seems fine.  I can access, read and search the database from the php site, but I cannot edit the database from the php site.  Whenever I try to change a field, I get "Error: 201 - field cannot be modified".  This message occurs when trying to make any changes to any records and any fields, even records I create with the php site.  Is there a hidden attribute somewhere or some sort of permission I have not checked?

• 1. Re: unable to edit database with php custom web publishing
          oakhamschool

Hi Andre,

Quick guess as I've had something similar in the past. Can you edit/modify the field in FileMaker Pro? If you can't my guess is you need to upload the file again usnig the FileMaker Server console as its in a read only state.

Thanks

Jalz

• 2. Re: unable to edit database with php custom web publishing
            AndreSmith

I've checked the file and permissions, I've re-uploaded the database, I can edit it from filemaker pro, I can add records from the php site, but I'm still unabel to edit for some reason.  I'm new to filemaker server, and I think I've checked all the permissions, but could there be anywhere other than the database permissions and file/directory security settings that I may not be aware of?  And thank you Jalz, for your assistance.  I'm new to doing the forum thing so your response gave me a ray of hope.  I

• 3. Re: unable to edit database with php custom web publishing
              bvondeylen

Andre, have you figured this one out? I am also having the exact same issue. I have tried multiple databases as well. 

I have authentication on, so users must authenticate (log in) to access the database. I am using external accounts (AD) to log in.

I can view record lists, browse records and only see records based on security from log in. That is all working great.

BUT, I cannot edit a record. Even when I log in with FULL ACCESS. Always get an error message.

Error: 509 - Field requires a valid value

If I am logged in as Administrator or as a user, the same message appears. I think it is an error in the php editrecord.php file created with the PHP FileMaker Site Assistant, since I tried with the Questionnaire Tutorial and edit records worked, but that was NOT created with the PHP Site Assistant.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.