2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 5, 2009 10:44 AM by MikeyG79

Unable to launch admin console

toedeloe

Title

Unable to launch admin console

Your post

Dear,

I have a complete irresponsive admin console. I am on Mac OS 10.5 and just underwent the Java 6 update 2 which ruined the admin console. I did the 9.03 update as recommended, no solution. I then reinstalled Mac OS to go back to Java 5.0, but no solution here. When I click the admin console whatever that is downloaded, it tells me it cannot launch the application.

What do I need to do to restart this application, we have critical databases running on it, and I would like to have a solution that is bullet proof.

As a side-thought: for me it is extremely worrying one needs to access an server application by a third party solution that is prone to changes, unsupported by Filemaker, in fact it is beyond comprehension !!! Maybe Filemaker may think about having its own console, that has been tested thoroughly, or at least a normal application access, you know, an application icon that launches the application you paid for ...

Txs for your help 

• 1. Re: Unable to launch admin console
          Oakbridge
             I'm having a similar problem. I believe it is related to 10.5.6 which my main machine was recently updated to. I used another machine that is still running 10.5.5 and I was able to log in correctly. I've tried removing the version of the application by going into the Java Web Start and deleting it but that didn't resolve the problem. 
          • 2. Re: Unable to launch admin console
            MikeyG79

At least in the Windows version of FMServer, there are command line tools you can use that are just as powerful as the admin console.

Since you're on 10.5, I would think FM would have built the same command line tools.