1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 7, 2010 10:01 AM by TSGal

Unable to Run Web Publishing Engine in FileMaker 10 Server Advance on an XServe

arwilkinson

Title

Unable to Run Web Publishing Engine in FileMaker 10 Server Advance on an XServe

Your post

I currently have FileMaker 10 Server Advanced installed on an XServe, running OS X ver. 10.4.11. I was able to install the program without a problem, except for the fact that the Web Publishing Engine will not run. When I click on Edit Server Deployment (on the File Maker Server Admin Console) and attempt to run the Engine from there, I get the same error message from the installation process: Could Not Get a List of Web Server From The Specified Worker Machine.

I currently have toe program installed on a single machine.

I admit to being unfamiliar with the program and I feel as if I'm missing something simple.

Any suggestions.

• 1. Re: Unable to Run Web Publishing Engine in FileMaker 10 Server Advance on an XServe
          TSGal

arwilkinson:

Thank you for your post, and I apologize for the late reply.

It sounds like you did not set up the web server properly before installing FileMaker Server.  Since you are running Mac OS X Server, disable the Performance Cache option for the Apache web server.  The performance cache may interfere with FileMaker Server and data may not refresh correctly.  In the Mac OS X Server Admin, click "Web" in the list for the desired server.  Click "Settings" in the toolbar.  In the "Sites" pane, double-click the site in the list.  In the "Options" pane, clear the "Performance Cache" option.

Once this is done, then uninstall and reinstall FileMaker Server and try again.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.