7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 30, 2010 7:44 AM by PaulieHeenan

Uninstall Filemaker Server 10 Trial on Mac OSX

SorenL

Title

Uninstall Filemaker Server 10 Trial on Mac OSX

Your post

How do i uninstall Filemaker Server 10 Trial on a Mac OSX computer.

Soren.

• 1. Re: Uninstall Filemaker Server 10 Trial on Mac OSX
          claddam
             Click and drag the Filemaker App folder to the Trash bin and delete :)
          • 2. Re: Uninstall Filemaker Server 10 Trial on Mac OSX
            SorenL

Thanks - It was easy.

Soren

• 3. Re: Uninstall Filemaker Server 10 Trial on Mac OSX
              kkrugler

I'd uninstalled the trial using this tried-and-true approach, but....I see that there are no less than six fmserver processes running now, after several months, launched from software in the library:

fmserver   130   0.4  1.4   213716  59764   ??  S     9:58AM   0:08.78 /Library/FileMaker Server/Database Server/bin/fmserverd -d
              fmserver   152   0.0  0.5   171400  22680   ??  S     9:59AM   0:06.24 /Library/FileMaker Server/Web Publishing/publishing-engine/wpc/FM Web Publishing.app/Contents/MacOS/FM Web Publishing &
              fmserver   151   0.0  1.0   815448  42464   ??  S     9:59AM   0:39.87 /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5/Home/bin/java -server -Xmx512M -Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager -Djava.util.logging.config.file=../conf/logging.properties -Djava.endorsed.dirs=../../../../Common/Tomcat/common/endorsed -classpath :../../../../Common/Tomcat/bin/bootstrap.jar:../../../../Common/Tomcat/bin/commons-logging-api.jar -Dcatalina.base=.. -Dcatalina.home=../../../../Common/Tomcat -Djava.io.tmpdir=../temp org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap start
              fmserver   141   0.0  2.7   828740 112688   ??  S     9:59AM   1:21.29 /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5/Home/bin/java -server -Xmx512M -XX:+UseParallelGC -Xbootclasspath/p:../../admin-server/WEB-INF/lib/jacorb.jar:../../admin-server/WEB-INF/lib/logkit-1.2.jar:../../admin-server/WEB-INF/lib/avalon-framework-4.1.5.jar -Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBClass=org.jacorb.orb.ORB -Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBSingletonClass=org.jacorb.orb.ORBSingleton -Djacorb.home=../../admin-server -Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager -Djava.util.logging.config.file=../conf/logging.properties -Djava.endorsed.dirs=../../../Common/Tomcat/common/endorsed -classpath :../../../Common/Tomcat/bin/bootstrap.jar:../../../Common/Tomcat/bin/commons-logging-api.jar -Dcatalina.base=.. -Dcatalina.home=../../../Common/Tomcat -Djava.io.tmpdir=../temp org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap start
              fmserver   123   0.0  0.3   120016  12912   ??  S     9:57AM   0:01.55 /Library/FileMaker Server/Database Server/bin/fmserver_helperd -d
              fmserver    55   0.0  0.1   122552   3140   ??  Ss    9:54AM   0:00.06 /Library/FileMaker Server/Common/service-wrapper/fmservicewrapperd -start

From reading online, the standard suggestion is to run the installer and use it to uninstall.

Unfortunately I've long since deleted that piece of code.

Is my only option really to re-sign up for another (bogus) trial, to get the software again, or is there some other option?

Thanks,

-- Ken

• 4. Re: Uninstall Filemaker Server 10 Trial on Mac OSX
                TSGal

kkrugler:

I have sent you a private message (top of this page - right side - envelope icon just below the blue horizontal bar) with a link so you can download the FileMaker Server 10 trial again.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: Uninstall Filemaker Server 10 Trial on Mac OSX
                  kkrugler

Hi TSGal,

Thanks so much - that worked!

And thank goodness you pointed me to the little envelope icon, I would never have found that otherwise :)

-- Ken

• 6. Re: Uninstall Filemaker Server 10 Trial on Mac OSX
                    watson.shane

FileMaker Server 10.0v2 and FileMaker Server 10.0v2 Advanced requires a full installation from either the CD or Software Download file. Do not install FileMaker Server 10.0v1 and update to FileMaker Server 10.0v2 on this operating system as supporting files are not installed correctly.

In addition, if you previously updated to FileMaker Server 10.0v2 on Leopard and update the OS to Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard, the server will not function. You must do a full un-installation of FileMaker Server 10.0v2, and then a full reinstall on Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard.

• 7. Re: Uninstall Filemaker Server 10 Trial on Mac OSX
                      PaulieHeenan

Would you be so kind as to PM me the FM Server 10 trial for OSX? i need to uninstall it as well, and the website only offers FMS11 now.
                      Thanks in adavance.