2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 21, 2009 5:22 AM by temporos

Uninstalling FMS 10

temporos

Title

Uninstalling FMS 10

Your post

I uninstalled FMS 10 from one machine so I could install it on a different machine in the same LAN.  I successfully uninstalled FMS using the Windows Programs control panel, but FMS10-Admin Console and FMS10-APPLICATIONSERV remain on the installed programmes list.  I've attempted to uninstall them, but I receive the error "Cannot completely uninstall application."  I could simply delete the associated folders in the Program Files directory and the registry entries, but I'd rather not manually manipulate the registry (dangerous in Windows Vista).  How can I uninstall these two FMS utilities from Windows?

• 1. Re: Uninstalling FMS 10
          kapitaen_1

restart the windows machine then look at system control services.

%SystemRoot%\system32\services.msc /s

is the service "Filemaker Server 9" (or 10) still running or not? *NOT* running and NOT in the list? That´s good.

To remove fms10 from the programs control you can use the "Windows Installer Clean Up", you can get it at ...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

(maybe there is a english description too, i dont know)

After done this, you can delete the Filemaker Servers Directory. But ensure you have backed up your data files before.

greetings from germany

Chris 

• 2. Re: Uninstalling FMS 10
            temporos

I checked the services control utility, and no FileMaker services (except for Bonjour, if that counts) are installed anymore.  But the FMS10-Admin Console and FMS10-APPLICATIONSERV applications still appear in the installed programs control panel.  I used the Windows Installer Clean-Up utility, and neither of these applications appear in that utility's list, so I cannot remove them that way, either.  Trying to uninstall them using the Windows Programs control panel still results in the error "Cannot completely uninstall application."  I deleted the FileMaker Server program folder, so that can't be causing anything.  I'm out of ideas...

Edit: I just thought of something.  FileMaker Pro 8.5 is also installed on this machine.  Could that be causing this issue?