5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 25, 2009 11:36 AM by TSGal

Unknown Error Number 13 (IWP)

tgilders

Title

Unknown Error Number 13 (IWP)

Your post

Does anyone know if there is a definitive resolution to the IWP "Unknown Error Number 13" problem, or if FM Server 10 has addressed this differently than FMS 8 and 9? (don't know if 7 was affected)

Remarkably, I cannot find anything on FileMaker's Knowledgebase about this issue.

These two threads are what I found so far, the most comprehensive is from 2006!
      http://www.fmforums.com/forum/showtopic.php?tid/175270/

and

http://www.fmforums.com/forum/showtopic.php?tid/193210/

I'm using FileMaker Server 9.0.3.325 on Windows 2003 Server SP2 in a 2 machine configuration. (IIS and WPE together)

We're also using the FMDataGuard audit logging plug-in which requires a calculated validation, which could be compounding the problem. (as the issue seems to be related to field level validation).

Any information is greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: Unknown Error Number 13 (IWP)
          TSGal

tgilders:

Thank you for your post.

After reviewing the threads posted on FMForums and checking the history of this problem, it was fixed with FileMaker Pro 8.0v4 (back in 2006), and it was also tested with both FileMaker Pro 9 and FileMaker Pro 10 to make sure the problem didn't return.

There is no Knowledge Base Article.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Unknown Error Number 13 (IWP)
            tgilders

TSGal,

Thank you for the quick response, and for checking the history. However; I'm experiencing this issue almost daily using FileMaker Server 9.0.3.325 with a 2 machine setup.

Perhaps there is a regression along the way somewhere?

• 3. Re: Unknown Error Number 13 (IWP)
              TSGal

tgilders:

The problem prior to FileMaker Server 8.0v4 was the session timed out before field validation could occur.  I have tested this with FileMaker Server 9, and it is definitely fixed, so your problem is something entirely different.

I would like to get your database file, log files (FileMaker and Tomcat), along with the exact steps to reproduce the problem.  I will send this information to our Development and Software Quality Assurance (Testing) departments for review.  I have sent you a private message (top of this page - right side - X Messages) with instructions where to send the files.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 4. Re: Unknown Error Number 13 (IWP)
                tgilders

I've sent the files as requsted.

As an update to this topic, we've created a new test server and was able to reproduce this issue.

The new server is setup as follows:

Window 2003 Server R2 Standard Edition SP2.

IIS 6

FileMaker Server Adv 9.0.3.325 Installed in the single machine environment.

We are using the FmDataGuard plugin on the server, and it is installed and working from the Web Publishing Engine, and the FileMaker Clients.

If any clues can be provide as to what is causing this error it would be greatly appreciated.

• 5. Re: Unknown Error Number 13 (IWP)
                  TSGal

tgilders:

Thank you for your log files.

I noticed in your application log that you are encountering a number of Web Scripting Errors, so you may want to fix those regardless of the error 13 problem.  I don't know if it is even related.

I'm not familiar with the FmDataGuard plugin.  What does it do?  Is it possible to remove it, and if so, does the occurrence of the problem increase?  Decrease?  Stay the same?

Although your Access and Event logs appear fine, your wpc_access log is constantly active.  Do you have any scheduled scripts that run frequently?

Any other information you can provide may be helpful.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.