4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 16, 2012 9:52 PM by dsghs

Upgraded to Filemaker 12 Server Adv. Now IWP crashes constantly.

dsghs

Title

Upgraded to Filemaker 12 Server Adv. Now IWP crashes constantly.

Your post

I was using FM11ServerAdv with no problems. I upgraded to 12 and now the Web Publishing Engine crashes all the time (usually once a day or two). All I do to get it working again is start the web publishing engine at the top of the admin console.

- I am not using CWP (I have both PHP Publishing off and XML Publishing off - but eventually I'd like to have the option to use both CWP and IWP at the same time).

- The crash shows up on the error log as 701. Instant Web Publishing process has terminated abnormally.

- I have attached a screenshot of the server log. Several "information" events (activity from my test account user) happen seconds before and during the crash. I cannot gather any usable info from these (like script steps, buttons, layouts being viewed, etc).

This error is currently the bane of my existence. My solution depends heavily on IWP so this random crashing during testing is keeping deployment from happening. Please please let me know if I can do anything to prevent this from happening or auto-restarting the iwp server if it goes down (even though this would not be ideal).

errorss.jpg