1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 8, 2010 8:41 AM by TSGal

URL list DB that can be reached over net

ytsejam

Title

URL list DB that can be reached over net

Your post

Hi all. I need assistance. I used the trial of Filemaker Pro and loved it. I want to use it for my personal needs.

I want to have a URL favorites/bookmarks db (like delicious but personal one) that i also can reach over the net from everywhere. I also want it to list the files as the format i need. For example set targets to the links in the URL field. What's the path i need to go on? Does the server edition have these kind of techy stuff made simple for non-developers? Maybe some PHP templates, etc.?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: URL list DB that can be reached over net
          TSGal

ytsejam:

Thank you for your post.

You could have a "URL favorites/bookmark" database.  Here is something that may help you...

Create a database with a text field entitled URL.  Then, go into Layout view and grab the Web Viewer layout tool and draw a box on the layout to display the Web Viewer.   This then prompts you for additional information.  Under "Web Address", there is default web address.  To the right of that, click on "Specify...", and change the calculation to just include the URL field.

Return to Browse Mode, and in the URL field, enter:

http://www.filemaker.com

... and press tab.  You will now see the Web Viewer displaying the FileMaker, Inc. web site.

This will work with Instant Web Publishing, as well as with FileMaker Server.

Let me know if you need clarification for any of the above steps.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.