1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 17, 2014 9:38 AM by disabled_ntaylor

Using functions in place of scripts

AlexMcGregor

Title

Using functions in place of scripts

Your post

Hello,

I have a form with many fields and I need to check an alarm field for "yes" and then populate a note field with a messages such as "Active Alarm Alert". It is straight forward doing this using scripts but I do not want to write a unique script for every alarm field as there are over a hundred of them.

My question is can a generic function be used instead that identifies a "yes" in the alarm fields and then fills in the appropriate note field with a message such as "Active Alarm Alert. So far I have not been able to create a generic function that can identify the associated note field.

Any suggestions on a solution or more elegant way to approach this problem would be much appreciated.Otherwise, I'm stuck writing a whole bunch of scripts.

Thanks,

Alex

• 1. Re: Using functions in place of scripts
          Alex McGregor: 

Thank you for the post.

Review the screenshot below for a calculation based on a text field Alarm that evaluates to "Active Alarm Alert" when a "Yes" value is found in the field Alarm.

Please note this was posted to the FileMaker Server section of the forum. The best place for "how to" type questions is the FileMaker Pro forum (see tab at top of the screen). Posts in the FileMaker Pro forum are seen by more people and will likely receive a quicker reply.

TSFalcon
          FileMaker, Inc.