AnsweredAssumed Answered

Using Multiple Tables / Portals and PHP - Simple situation, I need help

Question asked by ChipCustomizer on Jan 24, 2011
Latest reply on Jan 28, 2011 by philmodjunk

Title

Using Multiple Tables / Portals and PHP - Simple situation, I need help

Your post

I've been a light user or FileMaker Pro Server and setup an online database.  Here is the situation and the issue I have:

I have two tables setup - one for a person, one for a job.  I have a portal setup to show what jobs a person has worked.  The person's ID is how the two tables are connected.  In it's simplest form I have:

Person Table:
Person Name
Person ID

Job Table:
Person ID
Date
Job Name

I have struggled with the following query both inside the FM Pro client and through the PHP interface.  I simply want to be able to run a query that says:

Show me all People who haven't worked a certain Job Name in the past 30 days

If anyone knows how to do this through the FM Pro client and through the PHP interface please let me know.  The PHP interface looks like it can only call up one table so I'm not sure how to ask the system to call both tables and put together a query like this to display on the web.

I've been stuck on this problem for over 4 years if you can believe that - I just keep putting it off since I can't seem to figure that out.  If the back end of the database was SQL server, I would know how to compose the query but FM Pro has been a challenge for me regarding this.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  If you happen to solve this problem for me and I implement it I'll send you a free Poker Chip Customizer ( http://www.chipcustomizer.com ) :)

Thanks,
Dan

Outcomes