AnsweredAssumed Answered

Using script on server

Question asked by Stuee on Jun 14, 2011
Latest reply on Jun 22, 2011 by Stuee

Title

Using script on server

Your post

Hi, i have setup a DB and run it from my win7 pc.

i have a problem now that ive got the server setup and deployed it to run local network to 4 clients around the office.

The problem is the script below, runs ok from my outlook for sendmail but when i run on another pc it tries to oepn outlook which isnt installed.

I do have office2010 onstalled on my 2008 R2 server 64bit and would like the script to run on that so it only uses smtp outlook to send from that, i also would like it to send store some sort of details saying when email was sent like in send folder but as the server isnt man used i dont want any dialog boxes etc.

Script below.. and the server name is as you can see in the link to where it stores the quote pdf file...

Emailpdf-Invoice
Go to Layout [ “Invoice” (Ordering) ]
Set Variable [ $filePath; Value:"filewin://BP_SERVER/Work_drive/Important_BP/FM_Invoices/" & Ordering::Order ID & "-Invoice.PDF" ]
Save Records as PDF [ File Name: “$filePath”; Create email; Current record ]
[ Document - Title: "Quote"; Subject: Ordering::Order ID; Author: "******* ******"; Compatibility: Acrobat 7 and later ]
[ Pages - Number Pages From: 1; Include: Specific Pages; Start Page: 1; End Page: 1 ]
[ Security - Printing: High Resolution; Editing: Any except extracting pages; Enable copying; Enable Screen Reader ]
[ Initial View - Show: Page Only; Page Layout: Single Page; Magnification: 100% ]
[ Restore; No dialog ]
Send Mail [ Send via SMTP Server; To: Clients::Client Email; Subject: Ordering::Order ID& " Invoice"; Message: "Hi "& Ordering::Client
Name First& ",¶"&
"¶"
&"Attached is your Invoice for your recent order "& Ordering::Order ID& ",¶"&"
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask."&"¶"
&"¶"
&"Thanks"&"¶"
&"********"; Attachment: “$filepath”; Name: "*******s"; Email Address: "*****@*******.com.au"; Reply-To Address:
"*****@*****.com.au"; SMTP Server: "smtp.*********.com.au"; Port: 587; Authentication Type: Plain Password;
User Name: *****@******.com.au"; Password: "*******" ]
[ No dialog ]
Go to Layout [ “Ordering” (Ordering) ]
Insert Current Date [ Ordering::Invoice Emailed ]
15 June 2011 15:05:00 BP_Main - Emailpdf-Invoice -1-

Outcomes