2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2010 4:33 AM by bagheraa

viewing linked images and documents in iwp with server advanced

bagheraa

Title

viewing linked images and documents in iwp with server advanced

Your post

hello,

I have a problem with linked images when viewing them with iwp with server advanced. They appear as a broken link in the web browser (i have tried with mozilla, google chrome and explorer).

I have put the images in the web publishing folder of the server and taken from there with filemaker pro 11 as a link. In this platform the images appear normally. But in the web browser they appear as a broken link. If I take the URL it points correctly to:

http://192.168.1.207/fmi/iwp/Publishing/Cosmos2/_DSC5408.JPG

(192.168.1.297 is the ip of the server).

If I put the images in the database (not loading them as a link), the images appear right, but the databse size increases dramatically.

I supose this is a problem of the server. Must I make any extra configuration?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: viewing linked images and documents in iwp with server advanced

bagheraa:

Thank you for posting.

To make an image or document appear in a container using IWP, the referenced image must be placed in the Web folder in the FileMaker Pro installation directory. When you transfer the database to FileMaker Server, it will see this local path and redirect it to look in the web server root folder instead.

The basic process is to place all images in the Web folder on your local development machine and reference them in the local copy of the database using FileMaker Pro. Then, upload the database to FileMaker Server and copy the images to the root directory of the web server.

TSuki
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: viewing linked images and documents in iwp with server advanced
            bagheraa

TSuki:

Thanks for you answer.

I have put the images so in local web folder as in the IIS web folder. I have inserted the images in the FileMaker Pro application pointing to the local web images, and they appear in the web, and everyone using the web can view them.

But they are now not viewed by the other FileMaker Pro users.

My problem is that I making an application shared so in FileMaker Pro as in the Web, and so in Mac as in Windows. The images must be dinamically uploaded as links to the database by the users using the application in FileMaker Pro, and viewed by everyone.

Can this be done with FileMaker?