Thank you for the post.
No changes made with FileMaker Pro 14 Advanced should affect FileMaker Server 13’s WebDirect. Let’s focus on the Web Publishing Engine terminating abnormally.
Some additional questions to assist us with narrowing this down:
1. What is the operating system for the server computer?
2. What is the version of FileMaker Server 13? 13.0v5? 13.0v9?
3. What are the hardware specifications for the host machine (RAM, CPU)?
4. Is any third party security or antivirus software installed?
5. Does this occur with the FMServer_Sample.fmp12 file or only a particular solution file?
Thanks for responding. Over the weekend the IT guy here updated FMS13 to v10. WebDirect seems to be working properly.
To answer some of the questions though:
1) Windows 7 Professonal
2) Was running FMS 13.0v1 - now upgraded to v10
3) Not sure, but FMS is set to 4074 RAM for Cache. The computer is about a year old and has good CPU power.
4) No 3rd party software installed or anti-virus. The computer and FMS is used only for intranet office access. No outside access.
5) FMServer_Sample ran fine with WebDirect prior to the update.
So I think upgrading to FMS13v10 worked.
However, I have an issue now with my home business were I'm running my own license of FMS14 on a mini-Mac. I installed FMS14 on a iMac while I updated the mini-Mac that was running FMS12 and Mac OS10.7 to Mac OS 10 Yosemite. I finally got my custom web pages to work with FMS14 using Viking-FX on the iMac and wanted to move everything back to the mini-Mac. After installing FMS14 and updating it to FMS14v2, then moving all the databases to it, FMS14 on the mini-Mac web publishing engine keeps terminating abnormally thus not being to host my custom web pages. I updated Java to the latest 8 version. Still no luck. I had to move back to the iMac. The mini-Mac is only two years old with plenty of RAM and juice to run. Been running FMS12 on the mini-Mac for those two years. Any thoughts?
Had a 3rd Party Software that required Java 6 be installed along with latest version of Java.
> No changes made with FileMaker Pro 14 Advanced should affect FileMaker Server 13’s WebDirect.
To be honest this isn't completely true. Placeholder styles will make the theme worse for fms13 see: http://forums.filemaker.com/posts/962d74ea14