Web Publishing Engine Running, but can't communicate with Web Server
Web Publishing is running, but, Web Server (IIS) Web Server can't communicate?
Thank you for the post.
Unless this is a different issue, then I have responded to your previous post here:
Web Publishing Engine is Not Available (Re-Loading IIS Didn't Work)
This is the server section...?
Thank you for the reply.
This current post is in the FileMaker Server forum. So, is this post:
This post is in the FileMaker Pro forum:
I linked the posts together because they appear to be the same issue. Regardless of which forum, feel free to respond to the questions being asked.
For clarity, I am reposting my reply to you in the FileMaker Pro Forum linked above:
A few questions to assist us in further narrowing this down:
1. What is the operating system of the FileMaker Server computer?
2. What version of FileMaker Server 11 Advanced is installed?
3. What version of Java is installed?
4. Does redeploying report a connection error?
4. Did this work previously? If so, what changed in the server configuration (were updates or other applications recently installed)?
"(We don't want to re-install filemaker if possible)"
If the IIS role was already removed and reinstalled to the default, then not being able to reinstall the FileMaker Server application will severely limit our ability to troubleshoot and the suggestion to reinstall may be a next step at some point.
1. Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise 64 bit
2. FileMaker Server 11 Advanced v 220.127.116.119
3. Java 7 Update 55
4. Error Log not turned on
5. Yes, worked great before. We had a power failure and it stopped working
We don't do updates
"We had a power failure and it stopped working"
A power failure could have damaged either the FileMaker Server application or the operating system.
First, to rule out the FileMaker Server application, update to the latest version of FileMaker Server 11.0v5:
Software Update: FileMaker Server 11.0v5 and FileMaker Server 11.0v5 Advanced
"To ensure a smooth update, disable virus detection software before applying the update, and re-enable it after you are finished."
See screenshot below.
Please let me know if anything discussed requires further clarification.
Retrieving data ...