2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2015 12:36 PM by BoydReilly

Webdirect  - Automattically Show Databases Available

BoydReilly

Title

Webdirect  - Automattically Show Databases Available

Your post

Apologies for cross posting, but this was left unanswered in the FM Pro Forum.

I have several different Filemaker databases available to different employees.  They can see available databases in their browser by accessing https://ipaddress/fmi/webd/.  All good there.

The problem is that after giving username and password they are required to press Refresh List to see available databases. 

I'd like to set it up so they can just see all the databases without pressing Refresh List.  Is this possible?

Thanks for any help.

Boyd

• 1. Re: Webdirect  - Automattically Show Databases Available

Boyd Reilly: 

Thank you for the post.

"The problem is that after giving username and password they are required to press Refresh List to see available databases."

I am able to intermittently (about 1/2 times) replicate this on both Windows and Mac OS X. Clicking "Refresh List" should not be necessary to display the list of files.

One question: Is "Client Authentication" (Admin Console > Database Server > Security tab) set to "FileMaker and external accounts"?

I ask because I was not able to replicate this behavior when set to "FileMaker accounts only".

Additionally, I forwarded a report to Testing and Development for review. 

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Webdirect  - Automattically Show Databases Available
            BoydReilly

Thanks for the response.

I have it set for Filemaker and external accounts.  I have to do it this way because almost all the accounts are tied into via Active Directory.  I did try setting it for Filemaker accounts only and had the same issue.

Thank you for forwarding this issue.

Thanks.

Boyd