1 Reply Latest reply on May 6, 2015 11:49 AM by disabled_ntaylor

Webdirect - I can tab thru fields but cannot mouse click on fileds

johnrafter

Title

Webdirect - I can tab thru fields but cannot mouse click on fileds

Your post

So it appears I have a strange problem.

I recently converted 2 fp7 databases to 13. Both converted without issue. The 2 databases have been added to server 13 and can be accessed via webdirect. I am the admin so I have full rights to databases.

The problem is as follows - when accessing the database with the issue I cannot click on any of the fields except one(43 fields total). The one field that does work is for "page number". I can click inside it and enter in my digit. However clicking anywhere else on the layout nothing happens, if I however tab from the "page number " field it moves to the next field and so on. The other database that I converted from fp7 to 13 does not display the same behavior.

I called FM and they asked to re-convert the database again which to my dismay didn't fix the issue.

In FM PRO I can assess and verify all the fields are there - I can click into all them and enter in my txt.

Has anyone ever seen this behavior before?

• 1. Re: Webdirect - I can tab thru fields but cannot mouse click on fileds

john rafter:

Thank you for the post.

“The other database that I converted from fp7 to 13 does not display the same behavior.”

This would indicate file corruption and I would recommend running recover on the problem file to see if it might be damaged.

Things to keep in mind about Recover:

While Recover almost always detects and fully corrects any problems with your file...

1. The recovered copy may behave differently even if recover reports "no problems found".

2. Recover does not detect all problems

3. Recover doesn't always fix all problems correctly

4. Best Practice is to never put a recovered copy back into regular use or development. Instead, replace the damaged file with an undamaged back-up copy if this is at all possible. You may have to save a clone of the back up copy and import all data from your recovered copy to get a working copy with the most up to date information possible.

And here's a knowledge base article that you may find useful:

What to do when your file is corrupt

Afterwards, I would recommend testing the recovered copy to see if the behavior persists. If the issue continues, then try rebuilding the layout from scratch (no copy and paste of any layout objects) and testing the newly built layout.

Please keep me updated with any progress. 

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc.