1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 6, 2015 11:38 AM by JZombie

WebDirect branding, how much of FileMaker is visible?

LeeMoreau

Title

WebDirect branding, how much of FileMaker is visible?

Your post

Hi everyone quick question if I use FM Server and WebDirect.  Looking at making a database for a client that would only use WebDirect.  Right now I'm using a hosted provider where it's $39 a month for shared hosting etc.  It works but for the final deployment it will be on a dedicated server.  Here's the problem I have though and I'm just wondering if this can be solved when I have the dedicated server and FM Server etc:

- With the host today it is shared with others.  They allow a custom domain to point to your database, however it just does forwarding.  So if I go to www.mydomain.com, it just then changes it to http://myfilemakerprovider.com/fmi/webd/ etc which is not really ideal.  Am I able to use WebDirect with my own domain and have it always show my domain in the address bar and not our hosting provider?  

- Second issue is when you log in to our hosting provider, it then takes you to the select WebDirect database screen where it says FileMaker in big, and then lists my 2 databases.  Can I remove this or customize this so it doesn't say FIleMaker in huge and is my own branding etc?

I don't care if people know it's FileMaker but the client needs everything custom branded which I agree would look better.  I saw you can customize the home page for WebDirect just didn't really see any examples of what exactly it does or could look like.  My ideal would be going to www.mydomain.com and having a custom welcome/login page where they enter the username/password and it immediately goes into the database.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: WebDirect branding, how much of FileMaker is visible?
          JZombie

If you use a hosting service, you will not be able to modify some of the branding.

If you host it yourself, you'll have some ways of modifying the branding.

You could for example, modify the home page so that it doesn't list the databases and put your user right to the login pop up.

You could also modify the dialog boxes that appear when you're accessing the website to remove the "FileMaker Server" text.

BUT.....

Do yourself a favor and just go back to FileMaker Server 12 until FileMaker fixes the huge problem with WebDirect.