1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 12, 2014 12:11 PM by

WebDirect formatting / style sheet in tab controls do not update

Title

WebDirect formatting / style sheet in tab controls do not update

Your post

When changing the attributes of a style on a tab control ... the changes only appear in FMPro but not in WebDirect.  I have tried clearing the cache in the browsers and have restarted everything but the old style persists.  I Can however change the style on other elements on the layout ... and those will update in WebDirect.  It's just the tabs that are stuck in an old style.

Screenshot shows FMPro over WebDirect.  Colors on both the primary and secondary tabs have been changed and display properly in FMPro ... but WebDirect still shows old colors that will not update.

I had a similar issue last December when first using WebDirect with nested tabs.  Only the second (nested) tab's attributes were being displayed for both the primary and the secondary nested tabs.  It seemed the secondary tab attributes were overriding the primary tab ... and being rendered for both tabs.  Tech support could not replicate the problem so I used the same style for both tabs.  This was a work around as the problem was never resolved.

Developing on a 17" MacBook Pro / Yosemite

Screen_Shot_2014-12-12_at_11.14.47_AM.png

• 1. Re: WebDirect formatting / style sheet in tab controls do not update

Update ... saving a new style still would not release whatever was stuck in WebDirect ... it still showed an old style I had at one time.  

I then applied the new style to all tabs controls on all layouts in the file ... then deleted the 3 other tab styles I was using in that file.  This released the previous attributes in WebDirect and I can now see the new style I created.

My next step will be to attempt creating a second style again for the nested tabs.  I already have another problem with alignment rendering of nested tabs in WebDirect ... but will post as a separate issue.