10 Replies Latest reply on Dec 13, 2014 4:45 AM by Markus Schneider

WebDirect is Turn OFF

Mr.Eastwood

Title

WebDirect is Turn OFF

Your post

Hi,

I have been test FileMaker Server and FileMaker Pro. I did some excersices with the templates and I deployed it in the server.

I could see this information in the browser but suddenly WebDirect doesn't work anymore. When I enter to the page this legend appears "Custom Web Publishing Technology disabled; WebDirect is turned OFF."

On the admin console of the server the WebDirect is enabled. I have tried to reinitialize the server but without success.

How can I fix this??

Thanks advance.

• 1. Re: WebDirect is Turn OFF
          Mr. Eastwood:

Thank you for the post.

Some additional questions to assist us with narrowing this down:

1. What is the operating system for the FileMaker Sever computer?
          2. What is the processor for the computer?
          3. How much physical RAM does the computer have?
          4. Is any other third party security or antivirus software installed?

FileMaker Inc. recommends a dedicated machine for use only as a FileMaker Server and the following hardware requirements:

TSFalcon
          FileMaker, Inc.
          • 2. Re: WebDirect is Turn OFF
            Mr.Eastwood

Hi,

The computer has:  Windows 8, 4GB RAM, Processor Intel Core i3 2.50Hz with Kaspersky Antivirus but this is desactivated.

I downloaded the trial version. I did some exercises only for test and I deployed these exercises on the server and it works well.

Yesterday when I wanted to continue work with FileMaker the Server "doesn't work" anymore. It shows the legend "Custom Web Publishing Technology disabled; WebDirect is turned OFF." and in the admin console shows that the WebDirect is enabled.

• 3. Re: WebDirect is Turn OFF
              Mr. Eastwood:

Thank you for the reply.

4 GB of RAM is the minimum recommended amount for use exclusively as a Database server (without Web Publishing). The minimum recommended amount of RAM for using FileMaker's WebDirect is 8 GB of RAM.

Most likely running below the minimum recommended amount means the Web Server lacks the necessary resources to function. If the intention is to use WebDirect, then the recommendation would be to install to a computer with more RAM with no antivirus installed until after deployment is finished.

TSFalcon
              FileMaker, Inc.
              • 4. Re: WebDirect is Turn OFF
                Mr.Eastwood

Thank you for your reply.

Ok, I understand the minimum requeriments but with this features the server works well.

Why appear the legend "WebDirect is turned OFF" when in the admin console indicates that the WebDirect is enabled???

• 5. Re: WebDirect is Turn OFF
                  Mr. Eastwood:

"Why appear the legend "WebDirect is turned OFF" when in the admin console indicates that the WebDirect is enabled???"

The software was designed and tested with a certain amount of system resources. If the computer lacks sufficient resources, then any number of issues may be encountered. 

Does this issue occur on a computer in a tested environment that meets the recommended system requirements?

TSFalcon
                  FileMaker, Inc.
                  • 6. Re: WebDirect is Turn OFF
                    Mr.Eastwood

The computer where is installed FileMaker Server has in CPU: Core i3 (4 core), RAM: 4GB (Recommended 8GB in hardware requirements).

But in Recommended Hardware Configurations for FileMaker WebDirect indicates, follow:

"1-6 (concurrent user)  Second machine is not required, install on database server (RAM / CPU)."

In this moment there is only 1 concurrent user.

Are also the 8GB of RAM recommended for the computer with 1-6 concurrent users??

Thank you

• 7. Re: WebDirect is Turn OFF
                      Mr. Eastwood:

"Are also the 8GB of RAM recommended for the computer with 1-6 concurrent users??"

Yes. 

4 GB is the minimum recommended amount of RAM for the Database server if no Web Publishing is in use. 

8 GB would be the minimum recommended amount if using Web Publishing. 

It is not recommended to run the minimum requirements for the Database server if using the Web Server because Web Publishing requires more resources.

TSFalcon
                      FileMaker, Inc.
                      • 8. Re: WebDirect is Turn OFF
                        Mr.Eastwood

Ok,

Thank you for your replies.

• 9. Re: WebDirect is Turn OFF
                          thong127

I have also same problem, Im using FM server for trial for a month suddenly it the error appears.

• 10. Re: WebDirect is Turn OFF
                            Markus Schneider

For a month? The trial version has a 30 day limit... This could be the reason