5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2015 1:05 PM by cpun

WebDirect page on worker box not showing a list of available databases

tcwaters

Title

WebDirect page on worker box not showing a list of available databases

Your post

This is a two box set up running 13.0.5 on two Win 7 virtual partitions running on a Mac mini. The Admin console shows that there web server and web server module are on, and show the correct IP. There are two databases, and both have WebDirect and PhP enabled, but neither database appears/ is listed on the WebDirect page. Both databases are set to show for all users in the "Sharing: Configure for WebDirect."

When I use the "Test WebDirect" from Admin console "Test Page" I get a Database not available error.

I am able to open both databases via FMPro however.

Are there other things to check before I try to uninstall and re-install?

THX

• 1. Re: WebDirect page on worker box not showing a list of available databases
          Thomas Waters: 

Thank you for the post.

"When I use the "Test WebDirect" from Admin console "Test Page" I get a Database not available error."

From a browser on the server machine, what does the URL "localhost" load? This will help us determine if we are successfully connected to FileMaker's instance of the Web Server.

The "Test WebDirect" opens to the FMServer_Sample.fmp12 file. Was the FMServer_Sample file removed?

If so, then yes, I would uninstall and reinstall and test WebDirect first to make sure the technology is working. 

Let me know if the other files are still not working after we get a successful WebDirect test to the FMServer_Sample.fmp12 and we can discuss further troubleshooting at that time. 

TSFalcon
          FileMaker, Inc.
          • 2. Re: WebDirect page on worker box not showing a list of available databases
            tcwaters

THX for the reply TSFalcon.

I feel certain that it was connecting to the FileMaker's instance of the Web Server, as it looked exactly like it should except that there were no databases listed. This was a two box configuration. I am certain that the Sample database was installed.  I was successful connecting to the sample DB as well as a DB I uploaded via FMPro.

However, after uninstalling and attempting to re-install FileMaker Server, I was unable to get the Master box to "see" the worker box at all at the appropriate time during the install/set up. After working at it for close to two hours, I gave up and just installed as a single box configuration. This set up is to be a development environment only, so even though our production set up is two boxes, this will suffice for now.

I have experienced this inability of the Master to see the worker during set up before, but usually if I uninstall and re-install, it then works. However, that is a frustrating process as it ought to work the first time.

I will try an uninstall and re-install again as a two box config to make a screenshot of the WebDirect web page.

• 3. Re: WebDirect page on worker box not showing a list of available databases
              cpun

I have the same issue.  I have a two-box deployment, both Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, and the Worker machine doesn't list the databases on the WebDirect page.  I have made sure all the correct ports are open on the firewall, according to the documentation, which are 80, 443, 5003, 16000 and even done a telnet connection back and forth between the two servers and from my machine to the web server and nothing is being blocked. Disabled Windows Firewall on both machines too, no change. I have tried to uninstall, reboot, reinstall, no change. Windows It is on 13v5 on both machines.  Is there additional ports that are being used that I need to open? 

• 4. Re: WebDirect page on worker box not showing a list of available databases
                Cpu: 

Thank you for the post. 

Here is the full list of ports for FileMaker Server 13 and the technologies being used on those ports and by which machine (master or worker):

If all Firewalls are OFF, then try redeploying to confirm the computers are correctly connected to the Web Server.

Additionally, review Answer ID: 12070 for more in depth information about deployment alternatives:

TSFalcon
                FileMaker, Inc.
                • 5. Re: WebDirect page on worker box not showing a list of available databases
                  cpun

Thanks.  I went thru the Re-deployment wizard and ironically that fixed the issue. FileMaker Server 13 is very finicky.