1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 30, 2013 8:52 AM by philmodjunk

What File Maker to get??

ShawnFitzgerald

Title

What File Maker to get??

Your post

I need help choosing what Filemaker I need.

We have an office useing Windows Server 2012 and terminal server.  We have 5 users each using a different terminal server license.

We would need to be able in real time update the Filemaker database from each of the users simultaneously is this possible?

Do we need A license for Filemaker on each of the licenses for Terminal server?

And What about Ipad?  Can we get RealTime updates to Filemaker Go on the IPad?

I guess I just need to know what all to get to see if the ROI would be worth it.

• 1. Re: What File Maker to get??
          philmodjunk

I'm not sure how the model works for Terminal server but FM GO 12 is free and such iOS devices can connect via WiFi or 3G/4G as yet another client of a hosted database. It's also possible to download data and then "synch" such data back to the hosted copy at a later time if your iPad user cannot keep a good wireless connection going due to the limitations of the environment in which it must be used--though this is a significant complication of how you manage your data so you don't want to go that route unless you have to.