3 Replies Latest reply on May 12, 2011 6:41 AM by wjwerner1

What to do with server warnings "WPE COMPONENT" and "POTENTIAL PROBLEM"?

Polarpro

Title

What to do with server warnings "WPE COMPONENT" and "POTENTIAL PROBLEM"?

Your post

Hey,

I've been getting this message here from the server:

Thu Feb 10 17:50:54 CET 2011 FMS WARNING wpe1
      Some problems were detected in the WPE COMPONENT: POTENTIAL PROBLEM.

Does anybody know what this could mean or where to search for more details? It seems that FileMaker does not offer much information about this.

Thank you very much in advance,

Mike

• 1. Re: What to do with server warnings "WPE COMPONENT" and "POTENTIAL PROBLEM"?

polarpro:

Thanks for posting!

I think we might need a bit more information. Does the web publishing engine ever actually crash? What version of FileMaker Server are you using? What operating system is this on? Is it a single machine or multiple machine deployment? How often does this occur?

TSBear

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: What to do with server warnings "WPE COMPONENT" and "POTENTIAL PROBLEM"?
            Polarpro

Hey TSBear,

I am very sorry for not having been more specific before. I've just contacted our systems dept. Here is more information:

<<Does the web publishing  engine ever actually crash?>>

No, and this might be because the web publishing is not running, as I just got to know. (So far, it seems, noone in the company uses web publishing.) The little "lamp" left of it is red. We do have though some files uploaded that have IWP enabled.

<<What version of FileMaker Server are you  using?>>

FileMaker Server 9.0.3.326

<<What operating system is this on?>>

Mac OS Server 10.5.8

<<Is it a single machine or  multiple machine deployment?>>

The server runs on a single machine.

<<How often does this occur?>>

Once an hour.

It might be of interest that the machine also hosts FileMaker 10 files. (We are about to upgrade to FMS 11 hopefully soon.)

Thank you very much for your efforts,

Mike

• 3. Re: What to do with server warnings "WPE COMPONENT" and "POTENTIAL PROBLEM"?
              wjwerner1

We are experiencing the same warning / error.

For us, it appears to be a false-positive as the FMS Admin console shows WPE as one and "greenlighted"

Environment:

Win2008r2

FMSA 11.0.3.309

single-machine deployment

Happening nightly either during or following scheduled scripted backup