1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 12, 2013 7:31 AM by philmodjunk

What ways can I modify my unstored calculations to increase the speed of exporting my data?

jacksrmd

Title

What ways can I modify my unstored calculations to increase the speed of exporting my data?

Your post

Hello Forum,

I have a FM solution that has 17 internal tables; My primary layout has 3,216 records that I want to export all of the 100+ fields.  Approximately 60 of them are unstored mathematical calculations (Rounding to 2 decimal places / multiplying percentages ).

I have the solution set up to 1st determine if a case is INELIGIBLE or ELIGIBLE.  These 2 calculations result is an "X" based on a Let statement with atleast 10 variables:  1 Case calcuation, and atleast 5-8 conditions.

I think the bottleneck for my system is how I have the solution calculating ELIGIBLE conditions.

For each of the 8 conditions within my ELIGIBLE Case calcuation, it begins with:     $IE and

Within the LET statement, $IE = isEmpty( Ineligible ); I have the calculation this way to avoid a case ever having an "X" in INELIGIBLE and an "X" in ELIGIBLE.

I understand it's going to confirm each INELIGIBLE condition each time before it starts determining ELIGIBILITY and that's ONE OF THE BIG REASONS EXPORTS are taking so long; any suggestions here are appreciated.

It takes 5+ hours to export the data since each record has to pass the IE / E test before it calculates the unstored calculations.