AnsweredAssumed Answered

What ways can I modify my unstored calculations to increase the speed of exporting my data?

Question asked by jacksrmd on Dec 12, 2013
Latest reply on Dec 12, 2013 by philmodjunk

Title

What ways can I modify my unstored calculations to increase the speed of exporting my data?

Your post

Hello Forum,

I have a FM solution that has 17 internal tables; My primary layout has 3,216 records that I want to export all of the 100+ fields.  Approximately 60 of them are unstored mathematical calculations (Rounding to 2 decimal places / multiplying percentages ).

I have the solution set up to 1st determine if a case is INELIGIBLE or ELIGIBLE.  These 2 calculations result is an "X" based on a Let statement with atleast 10 variables:  1 Case calcuation, and atleast 5-8 conditions.

I think the bottleneck for my system is how I have the solution calculating ELIGIBLE conditions.

For each of the 8 conditions within my ELIGIBLE Case calcuation, it begins with:     $IE and

Within the LET statement, $IE = isEmpty( Ineligible ); I have the calculation this way to avoid a case ever having an "X" in INELIGIBLE and an "X" in ELIGIBLE.

I understand it's going to confirm each INELIGIBLE condition each time before it starts determining ELIGIBILITY and that's ONE OF THE BIG REASONS EXPORTS are taking so long; any suggestions here are appreciated.

It takes 5+ hours to export the data since each record has to pass the IE / E test before it calculates the unstored calculations.

Outcomes