4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2015 1:41 AM by JZombie

Why Tabbing is so slow on WebDirect

JZombie

Title

Why Tabbing is so slow on WebDirect

Your post

Why does it take almost 1 second to tab from one field to the other? There's no script trigger and no tool tip. Just plain field and it takes 1 sometimes 2 seconds to tab to the next field?

I'm positive that it's not because of my hardware or my connection speed.

Can someone tell me how to speed this up?

• 1. Re: Why Tabbing is so slow on WebDirect
          JZombie

Sorry to bring this up again but I have clients that are annoyed and frustrated on using our website because of this lag on tabbing. 

What's worse is that when they tab to the next field and starts typing, some of the info still shows  on the previous field instead of showing up on the next field that they tabbed into. 

I guess the lag would be fine just as long as when they tab and then type, the new info will show up on the next field.

Can someone please tell me how to fix this? Or is this a known problem with FileMaker 13 Server?

• 2. Re: Why Tabbing is so slow on WebDirect
            RickWhitelaw

This sounds like it could be a browser issue. Which browser are they using?

• 3. Re: Why Tabbing is so slow on WebDirect
              JZombie

@Rick

Thanks for your reply.

I don't think browser is the issue. Our clients are using either IE 11 or Chrome 40.

And on my tests, I used all the recommended browser like Safari, IE an Chrome. And all behaved the same way.

And even if I use the FMServer_Sample.fmp12 database, you know the one that came with the Server when installed?

Behaves the same way.

• 4. Re: Why Tabbing is so slow on WebDirect
                JZombie

@Gloriar

Thanks for your reply.

You have a point that it could be virus or heavy cache stored in browser history.

But in my case, FileMaker Server is installed on a new Mac Pro. I'm also using Mac as the client which I just did a clean install of Yosemite and ESET Cyber Security Pro. And the browser only has gone to 1 website.

And so, I'm positive that Virus and Browser Cache is not the problem.