5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 29, 2011 9:53 AM by yakimax

WPE COMPONENT: COMPONENT IS NOT RESPONDING with FileMaker 11 Server Advanced

christinesephton_1

Title

WPE COMPONENT: COMPONENT IS NOT RESPONDING with FileMaker 11 Server Advanced

Your post

We are currently running on Windows 2008, and upgraded from FileMaker 10 to FileMaker 11.  Every since we upgrade we have had the WPE COMPONENT: COMPONENT IS NOT RESPONDING error of not responding every 2-3 days.  We have done no changes, other than upgrading, and it is causing great problems with our employees.

We currently are running a one machine configuration.  The logs give no clues as to what is happening.

HELP!

• 1. Re: WPE COMPONENT: COMPONENT IS NOT RESPONDING with FileMaker 11 Server Advanced
          TSGal

christinesephton:

Thank you for your post.

Since this worked fine in FileMaker Server 10 and now does not in FileMaker Server 11, I need to try and narrow down if this is FileMaker Server 11, the installation of FileMaker Server 11, or the upgrade process from FileMaker Server 10 to FileMaker Server 11.

First, look through your hard disk and see if there are any remnants of FileMaker Server 10 still on the server.  It is possible FileMaker Server 11 is referencing a file leftover from the upgrade.

I would then try uninstalling FileMaker Server 11 and making sure everything was removed from the hard disk.  Then, reinstall FileMaker Server.  This should give you a fresh installation.

Please keep me posted with any progress.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: WPE COMPONENT: COMPONENT IS NOT RESPONDING with FileMaker 11 Server Advanced
            pgageler

I have had the same thing - about once a day. I think I have fixed it now by removing a plug-in (which seemed not have been loading in FMSA11 anyway, even though it had in FMSA10) and then restart the whole server (hardware) to flush out any references it may have had in cache.  So far so good - it hasn't happen since, and its been a few days.

Out of interest, the log files on the server (windows 2003) indicated a problem with DBengine.dll.  When I serch the server I find three copies of this file, two of which are version 11.0.1.653 and one (in the web prublishing folder) is an older version 652.  Look suspicious to me!

Hope this helps.

• 3. Re: WPE COMPONENT: COMPONENT IS NOT RESPONDING with FileMaker 11 Server Advanced
              christinesephton_1

I am working with Priority Support, and so far no solution has been found.  First they suggested I uninstall, delete all folders and reinstall.  They they suggested that I move it to another server.  Now they are saying it may be the actually file, although two days ago we went back to FileMaker 10 and have not crashed at all.  So I believe it truly is a problem with 11 and no one seems to be able to fix it all.

Christine

• 4. Re: WPE COMPONENT: COMPONENT IS NOT RESPONDING with FileMaker 11 Server Advanced
                pgageler

Further to my last post (where I thought the problem had been resolved), after running without an error for 5 days, the same thing has happened. I have had to restart the Web Publishing Engine via the server console.

The Description in the Windows Server 2003 log entries were:

• Last time (5 days ago):  Faulting application fmswpc.exe, version 11.0.1.86, faulting module DBEngine.dll, version 11.0.0.652, fault address 0x0087d9f8.
                • This time: Faulting application fmswpc.exe, version 11.0.1.86, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00000000.

Any help would be appreciated.

• 5. Re: WPE COMPONENT: COMPONENT IS NOT RESPONDING with FileMaker 11 Server Advanced
                  yakimax

Actually this has been happening under our Filemaker 10