WPE COMPONENT: POTENTIAL PROBLEM

DavidAngelovich

Title

WPE COMPONENT: POTENTIAL PROBLEM

Your post

I get the following error from some of our servers:

FileMaker Server 11.0.2.217 on FMPRO-1 reported the following event:

Thu Jul 29 08:23:50 EST 2010 FMS WARNING wpe1

Some problems were detected in the WPE COMPONENT: POTENTIAL PROBLEM.

FileMaker Server automatically sent you this email.  Contact the administrator if you no longer want to receive these notifications:

The error occurrs every few days between 8am and 9am on all four servers. I can't find any scheduled task in either FM Server 11 or Windows that would trigger this. Also can't find anything in the logs. We're running 11.0.2.217

• 1. Re: WPE COMPONENT: POTENTIAL PROBLEM
          vincent.l@studiodesplantes.fr

Hello,

I have the same message, and I dont know wahat it means, and what Imust do !

is Anybody cant answer us ... Please ?

Thanks a lot,

Vincent from Paris.

• 2. Re: WPE COMPONENT: POTENTIAL PROBLEM
            JasperStoodley

I also have the same problem with the same version of FileMaker Server Advanced 11. On the surface everything still seems to be working OK, however if I start the admin console, the Database Server shows as 'stopped'. Clients can still connect so clearly the database server is still running. If I start the database, it 'starts' again just fine.

In some cases the publishing engine logs show that the WPE stopped and restarted at the same time as the warning was generated.

This error may be related to user reports of getting an error code 500 - internal server in our web publishing application - although I can't confirm is the timing is related.

My environment is Windows 2003 R2, IIS, and our custom application also uses the 3rd party SuperContainer application to support file uploading.