0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2013 5:52 PM by rhythmos

WPE on FMSA 11: related data from remote file (on remote server)?

rhythmos

Title

WPE on FMSA 11: related data from remote file (on remote server)?

Your post

I'm stumped: when placing a related field on a simple layout accessed by PHP (using FX, but results are the same in FM API), the field object comes back as empty -- not just no value, but no field name either. No errors are returned. Date *is* visible in this related field when viewed on the desktop client.

I discovered recently that for WPE to see related date from an external file reference between files on the same server, that I had to set the External File Reference entry as a relative reference ("file:child") rather than as what I considered to be a more specific reference using fmnet ("fmnet:/172.16.0.100/child"). Very counterintuitive, but maybe that's just me.

In any event, given that only a relative reference works for WPE, it's not surprising that a relationship with a file on another server isn't accessible to WPE (apparently). Again, it doesn work on the deskop client.

Anyone run into this? I'm surprised I've never seen a discussion of it anywhere (and I've looked!).

Thanks!