10 Replies Latest reply on Apr 17, 2013 12:00 AM by RaguPathiG

WS COMPONENT: COMPONENT IS NOT RESPONDING

Title

WS COMPONENT: COMPONENT IS NOT RESPONDING

Your post

FMServer WARNING webserver FileMaker Server 11.0.2.217 on FMS01 reported the fol...

FileMaker Server 11.0.2.217 on FMS01 reported the following event:

Wed Apr 13 08:11:32 MDT 2011 FMS WARNING webserver

Some problems were detected in the WS COMPONENT: COMPONENT IS NOT RESPONDING.

This happens daily at a certain time everyday.  Like clock work.  Every now and then it will happen at other times.  FileMaker loses it connections with IIS.  Sometime by recyling the application pool revives it while other times I need to restart IIS.

Config:  windows 2008 r2 64bit  iis 7.5

Any thoughts?

• 1. Re: WS COMPONENT: COMPONENT IS NOT RESPONDING

MyDBSolutions:

Thanks for posting.

Is there anything else running on this server? Do you have any tasks, originating from FileMaker Server or otherwise, that perform around the same time that this usually occurs? Does the lost connection correspond with times of peak usage?

Any other information you can provide on your environment would be greatly appreciated.

TSBear

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: WS COMPONENT: COMPONENT IS NOT RESPONDING

FMSAdv, FMPAdv, IIS 7.5 with 15K RPM drives.  Built for FMS only.  No.  A scheduled script goes off at 2:10 AM and I get a email at 2:07 AM.  This is not a peak time on the server.  some times this will happen during the day and I would be lead to believe maybe the load on the server but restarting IIS or the application pool will restore the communication with Filemaker server.

• 3. Re: WS COMPONENT: COMPONENT IS NOT RESPONDING

MyDBSolutions:

After a bit more research, this issue: FM-Webserver crash on IIS 7.5 with FM Advanced Server 11 appears to be similar to yours. Could you check the Windows event log to see if you're getting the same errors?

TSBear

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: WS COMPONENT: COMPONENT IS NOT RESPONDING

I have gotten the: A process serving application pool 'DefaultAppPool' terminated unexpectedly. The process id was '4148'. The process exit code was '0xff'.  This is not a daily occurence but rather from time to time.  It does show up when I recyle the Application pool manually to reset the connect with FileMaker. 

• 5. Re: WS COMPONENT: COMPONENT IS NOT RESPONDING

MyDBSolutions:

It's still not clear if this is the same issue but it would be worth it to apply the workaround just in case. Please follow the instructions below and let us know the results.

From TSGal:

One workaround is to change the DefaultAppPool settings -> right-click on Recycling and uncheck everything else and set Specific time for recycling.

TSBear

FileMaker, Inc.

• 6. Re: WS COMPONENT: COMPONENT IS NOT RESPONDING

I went ahead and made this change after your first post just to see if it made any difference and there was no change.  I set the time at 1am but still get the error message at 2:06am.

• 7. Re: WS COMPONENT: COMPONENT IS NOT RESPONDING

MyDBSolutions:

Let's try completely reinstalling FileMaker Server and IIS. Please see below for complete instructions on this process.

1. Close the databases through the Databases view in the admin console.

2. Stop the Web Publishing Engine.

3. Stop the Database Server.

4. Move the C:/Program Files/FileMaker/FileMaker Server/Data/ folder to a safe place. This contains all of your databases, back ups and system level scripts.

5. Uninstall FileMaker Server.

6. Delete the FileMaker Server folder from C:/Program Files/FileMaker

7. Reboot.

8. Uninstall IIS.

9. Reboot.

10. Reinstall IIS.

11. Reboot.

12. Reinstall FileMaker Server.

Please let me know if you'd like any clarification on the above steps.

TSBear

FileMaker, Inc.

• 8. Re: WS COMPONENT: COMPONENT IS NOT RESPONDING

Here is the latest.  Did all the reinstall of both IIS and FMSA to make sure it was a clean installed.  Nothing changed.

Moved many of the php scripts to use ODBC connections rather than than the FileMaker PHP API.  For a day we say increased stability.  Any suggestions?

• 9. Re: WS COMPONENT: COMPONENT IS NOT RESPONDING
                          RaguPathiG

hi

same issues i am also facing and did all steps which mension by My DBSolution

but still i am facing same error

• 10. Re: WS COMPONENT: COMPONENT IS NOT RESPONDING
                            RaguPathiG

if i try to start web publish engine that time i am facing below of the Error