5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2011 7:08 PM by cuitw_1

[API for PHP]Suddenly the find doesn't work, please help...

cuitw_1

Title

[API for PHP]Suddenly the find doesn't work, please help...

Your post

Hi there,

I am creating some new pages using API for PHP and  everything has been great. Yesterday, without any changes made to the  scripts, the find page suddenly not working! It always returned the error  "No records match the request". I find it difficult to imagine what is  happening.

Oddly enough when I came back to the office, it wroked again... I am  wondering if it is a coding issue(I hope it is). I was thinking that it could be a server/networking issue. The  problem is that the module will be released for agents and clients  around the world and the eight other offices of our company in other  cities to access. It could be a big problem if it suddenly stops  working. I hope that there is a way to prevent it from happening again.

Also  the error FileMaker returned was "No records match the request", that  means the script was able to communicate with the FileMaker server(It is  a two machines implementation) but it somehow did not return the found  set as it was supposed to. Any clue?

Did anyone have the same problem? Any help will be greatly  appreciated! It is a really rush project and it is driving me crazy.

• 1. Re: [API for PHP]Suddenly the find doesn't work, please help...

cuitw:

Thanks for posting.

Is there anything in the logs that indicate an issue with the Web Publishing Engine or other web related components around that time? You can check the logs through the Log Viewer section of the admin console.

Were you able to browse records at all when this happened? Did you notice any other errors on the page?

TSBear

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: [API for PHP]Suddenly the find doesn't work, please help...
            cuitw_1

Hi TSBear,

Many thanks for your response. I appreciate it. The only error I see in the log file is:

Details for "date and time here" Publishing Engine  Error 0

FM Web Publishing - - wpc1 Web Scripting Error 111, File: "Filename" , Script: "Script name here", Script Step: "Set Field"

The script name is the name of a script I made in the filemaker file and I did not try to run that script from PHP at all. I am wondering if this is what causing the trouble. I have also got some similar errors but the error codes are 4, 102 instead of 111. Any clue?

• 3. Re: [API for PHP]Suddenly the find doesn't work, please help...

cuitw:

The error 102 means that a field you were attempting to interact with was missing. PHP Custom Web Publishing performs finds based on the layout, not the table, so a field not displayed on the layout won't be available to a PHP CWP page. Is it possible that this field wasn't on the layout when you experienced this issue?

TSBear

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: [API for PHP]Suddenly the find doesn't work, please help...
                cuitw_1

Hi TSBear,

Many thanks for your reply. I will double check when I go back to the office. Could you please tell me also what error 4 and 111 means? I think error 4 is what I got the most.

Thank you so much for your help!

• 5. Re: [API for PHP]Suddenly the find doesn't work, please help...
                  cuitw_1

Hi TSBear,

I have finally fixed it! I wrongly mapped one field so when I enter something to search on that  field it returns "No records match the request" which is correct. This  real problem was that I used PHP session variables to store the criteria  last used and did not unset the session variable! How stupid I was! The  script is now working great! Thank you so much for your help webko and  bandmandq! I appreciate it!