1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 28, 2010 12:12 PM by CrazyIvan

[FMS10] Web Publishing locking up and crashing (IWP)

CrazyIvan

Title

[FMS10] Web Publishing locking up and crashing (IWP)

Your post

I'm running on Mac OS X 10.6.2, 2.26Ghz Core 2 Duo, 2GB DDR3. Running FileMaker Server 10 version 10.0.2.206. At random points, clients that are attempting to access IWP timeout or the page just never loads. When I look at the activity monitor I can see that the IWP service is pegged out at 99-100%. Now, not sure if Dalzhim has this problem or not but when I attempt to access the FMS console it will not open and the its process under the activity monitor also shows close to 100% CPU activity. So, after this issue occurs my CPU is completely pegged out and so is my memory. This issue just started occuring just a few days ago, haven't done any system-wide updates or made any changes to the FMS software. The only solution that I have found so far is to reboot the entire system, but the issue always returns. Could the FMS software be corrupt? Are there any solutions besides uninstalling and reinstalling? The databases that we are using are designed for companies of over 100+ employees so FMS is set to allow the maximum number of connections, I have also tried adjusting the database cache size and have lowered the amount of time before users time out to help discourage users from sitting idle with their databases open.

The 2 services that are of concern are FMSERVER and FM WEB PUBLISHING under the activity monitor.

I am curious as we normally don't have but maybe 7-8 users on average accessing the system at any given time, obviously this number may vary and it's currently impossible for me to say how many people are connected when IWP goes haywire because of the console locking up and crashing. Any suggestions?

• 1. Re: [FMS10] Web Publishing locking up and crashing (IWP)
          CrazyIvan
             After speaking to advanced technical support it was determined that the log files were too large and the intervals were too short. In the end this was causing the FMSERVER and FM WEB PUBLISHING processes to overload and the FMS console to crash. After removing the log files from the log folder the error was relieved and the logging settings were changed to help prevent this issue. Also, it appears the system could use another 2GB of RAM to ensure proper functionality in the future. So far, I'd say this issue is resolved.