5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 30, 2009 6:52 PM by etripoli

{FMSA9} Really weird problem with a scheduled script to replace field contents

etripoli

Title

{FMSA9} Really weird problem with a scheduled script to replace field contents

Your post

I have a FMSA9 server with 57 databases.  In one database, with 2 tables, and 6 external data sources.  All are FM databases on the same server, except for one, which is  on another FMSA9 server.

I created a ScriptMaker script, which is supposed to replace the field contents in multiple fields in one table, based on data in related fields in the EDS database tables.  However, only calculations based on one particular table work.  The rest just put '?' in the fields.  In the relationship graph, and the EDS tables are linked through the second table of the database I'm working with.

The only thing that seems to be different, is that the one particular linked EDS table is related based on a field with the 'unique' validation set, so it's a many-to-one relationship.  All the other EDS tables are many-to-many.

I have something similar happening in another database with server-scheduled scripts, based on updating fields using data from an EDS, and setting fields of an EDS table. Wierd!