1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2015 8:41 AM by shanebeeps

Method to save enumerated global fields users can select from later?

shanebeeps

I currently have a method developed where a script can run and save the current found set of records to a global field on a table. For the purpose of this example lets call it Foundlists::ID_list

I want it to be global so individual users have individual ID lists, and I believe variables getting values from fields requires them to be global fields... at least it seems that way. Anyway, moving on.

So what I want to be able to do is give users the ability to create a list of saved found sets of records so they can quickly go back to them later. My users are frequently moving around between various list displays, and the FMP solution is constantly editing the list of displayed records the user sees, so they aren't able to quickly go back to a list they were just looking at. If they could save any number of found sets and pull them back up whenever they want via a pick list, that would go a long way to solving this issue.

My problem I do not know a good method at all for saving a given found set to a new record on the Foundlist table, presenting the records on the Foundlist table as a personalized menu (the user could name the list when they saved it to something like Foundlists::ID_list_name) that only the user can see, and then passing a users selection of a record on the foundlist table back, as a variable, to the "restore saved found set" script.

Does this problem make sense as I described it?

1 2 Previous Next